PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ryanair still taking on FO's
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2008, 10:35
ballyboley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet more pprune inaccurate rubbish...

FR pilots DO get paid during line training. The only time we dont is the initial sectors while the safety pilot is still there, which is realistically just a couple of days. As soon as they're released, we get paid 45euro per hour which then goes up to 60 once line training is complete. As it appears some people have no idea how line training works, there aren't 3 pilots on the F/D, you are just rostered with a line training captain!
Also, I got a contract before I even left for the induction week, never mind line training, so that isn't true either.

And yes, we were told last week that they plan to stop the cadet entry programme around November time for a while, again, things change weekly so that could be different now. They might have parked up a few a/c but they're still taking the new deliveries.

I admit FR perhaps isn't the most lucrative employer on the market, but if you can live with seperating off about £1k of your salary per year for uniform/medical etc and can afford a box of Tesco tea bags for your flight bag, its not the worst either. Dont forget year 2 salary comes out around £55k with captains (year 3-4 perhaps) on £100ish.

Not trying to be defensive, just stating a few facts from the inside, and after doing thorough research for myself.