PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ryanair still taking on FO's
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2008, 08:22
Day_Dreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FACTS

No £50 charge to read C.V.

Same fee charged to Ryanair by OAA and CAE as can be obtained by any person approaching the provider direct.

You must pay for Uniform, Room and board, Car parking, ID pass / Security check, Medicals and Licence / type rating issue.

New pay deal. No money until line pilot cover released then €40 per scheduled hour, less €4.50 to cover next simulator session.
To complete line training in 80 sectors variable hours but assuming 120.
5-7 days cover based on 7 hours per day 49 hours unpaid.
71 hours to be paid at €35.50 = €2520 or £2048 (1£ = €1.23) over possibly 4 weeks.

Brookfield contract offered after completion of final line check unless France based.
First 500 hours on type at €60 per hour less €4.50
Next 1000 hours on type at €80 per hour less €4.50
Above 1500 hours on type €90 per hour less €4.50
One months leave to be taken in a block usually winter period.

You get paid based on scheduled hours not actual, if flight takes less time you benefit if longer the company benefits.
I am told its usually the pilot who comes out better over the year.

As to recruitment there will be a slow down to cope with a glut of cadets requiring training over the winter period, but increasing with projected demand when the training capacity is available.

Those who knock Ryanair on Pprune should be ignored, if you want the facts talk to RYR pilots ex cadets and see what they say.

Go for your dream there will be little available jobs out there once the US and European layoffs take effect this winter, but RYR will still be in there expanding.

NO I don't work for them in any aspect. nor am I connected in any way with their management.