PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Cadet...worth it?
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2008, 08:16
doogle92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC Cadet...worth it?

Although CTC advertise their cadet scheme as a sponsership however having read through i've discovered the method of payment and am a bit confused as to whether this is better than simply applying for the iCP or somewhere such as OAA.
The cost of the course is £63k however the cadet must pay for the foundation flight training. You must also give them a deposit of £60k, the only way many people, well me anyway, will be able to do this is by taking out a fairly substantial loan which will, of course, increase due to intrest rates. Once you get a job with an airline they reduce your salary in order to pay back CTC and also repay your loan in stages. So you are now on a cut pay check and must pay back the loan to the bank in the amount that your airline return to you, rather than your chosen amounts as well as paying off the intrest.
So surely you still end up paying for your training however you must spend time preparing and going through the selection process and even then there is a tiny chance that you will get through out of the hundreds of others that apply.
Although I understand that if you have been accepted onto this course you have a highly increased chance of being employed but is it worth spending all this time on a course which could spent raising funds towards another school such as OAA which you have a much higher chance of getting into?

Thanks,
doogle92