PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei Airlines In Chaos
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2008, 07:14
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had promised myself I would never post on this thread in any way shape or form and I am not going to enter into any debate after this one.

A few of us were discussing this thread over beers in LHR recently and the common feeling was anger at some of the absolute bull**** in this thread.

You think they act illegally with respect to your entitlements when departing?

Read your contract...they are not!

They wouldn't need to have those clauses in our contracts if expats didn't run up huge phone bills etc and then leave without paying them.

Lip service to CAP 371?

Bull****!

The worst you might experience from time to time is a series of sectors that, while perfectly legal, are not pleasant or very enlightened rostering. That is just life.

Generally speaking we are operating with fat margins from the limits of CAP 371 and when we do approach those limits my experience is the company takes that seriously and acts accordingly. That doesn't mean things change within a time frame that meets everyone's expectations but the inherent inertia in an airline makes rapid change difficult and expensive if mishandled.

Comments written here with respect to a certain Manager are not accurate or reasonable.

He has to deal regularly with some of the complete dickheads that populate any large company and who rant on this thread. His, and the companies, patience with a few abjectly stupid individuals that have come and, mostly, now gone has been interesting to watch.

Many of us have seen him help pilots when a parent has died, as just one example, "Just get on the next flight home and we'll cover your roster..Go" or he has had a ticket waiting for that individual when they arrived back in Brunei so they could get on an aircraft home immediately to deal with some personal crisis. All he requires of us is to do our jobs professionally - that is not an unreasonable expectation. If you do try to meet that expectation but occasionally fall short in some way - as we all do from time to time - he is a wholly pleasant person to work with.

Is he always right? No. Are you?

Is RBA perfect? No - good luck finding nirvana.

If you think posting personal attacks on here is going to EVER have ANY positive effect with respect to your own perceived or real grievances you're a moron. Discussing them with the person concerned in a reasoned adult manner might. If you don't have the balls for it that is your problem not his and Pprune isn't the answer.

How would you feel if people were anonymously attacking you in a identifiable way on a public forum such as this? How can doing so make your life easier if you still work here or that of your former work mates if you have left? How can so many otherwise intelligent, allegedly educated adults have so little understanding of their circumstances?

For God's sake if for no other reason than enlightened self interest let this thread die.