PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Congratulations China :
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2008, 04:54
Flying Bagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see....i'm supposed to find a polite way to describe a regime that brutalizes their own people and those of Tibet. Easy for you to comment as you aren't subject to the quiet but desperate brutality that their citizens are subject to every day.
If you can say something like this...

ps. perhaps you could explain why Fox has the highest ratings in the industry...oh, I know, America is a land full of bigoted racists....yes, that must be it.
Then perhaps this quote is also true.

It may surprise you, but the Chinese government has a much higher approval rating among it's own citizens than the American government does among it's own. Much much higher. And it's not because of this repression that you talk about.

As for Tibet, if you've read about it's history, when the Dalai Lama was still in power, the regime was more repressive than it is today. But no one talks about that, of course.

However, I don't think the Chinese government is the best in the world, far from it. Tianamen square comes into mind. Yet I can't stand people who generalize everything without knowing what the actual reality is.