PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirservicesAustralia wants Overtime to be compulsory
Old 14th Aug 2008, 02:29
Showa Cho

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The large stick and no carrot approach is starting to pay off for AsA. In the last few days, the Irish Aviation Authority has interviewed about 27 controllers for positions in their centres. People I thought would never leave are lining up with their passports at the ready (people with 15 years plus experience - people you can't afford to lose). More pesky controllers off the books!

But recruiting will save the day.....oh, hang on, the latest bunch to arrive were told, in their first week, that they will not be starting course for 6 months and they will be simulator pilots in the interim. So another 6 months on trainee wage - about $35,000 p/a - for these poor sods. And they are trying to attract people with 'university qualifications and life/work experience'. Good luck with that!

Just how many does AsA claim they are going to train this year? 100 was it?

Yeah, right.

Thanks, AsA, for nearly killing my passion for aviation and ATC. Glad I'm leaving before you completely rob me of the love for the job I once had.

Sayonara and arigato,

Showa-Cho.