PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - November 2008 - OBA. Anyone else going?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2008, 22:39
robhoworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey,

Be very wary of OFT I was there last December (2007). Originally I planned to do my PPL in 5 weeks but the aircraft kept going tech and were not brilliant. Also they kept changing my instructor which was not helpful. They are affiliated with Cab Air in Bournmouth and as soon as they send out students everyone else get put to the back.

RE Naples I heard you spend about 25 minutes waiting to take off sat burning fuel which you pay for......

I left OFT after extending my stay to three months leaving due to work commitments having only 30 hours in the bank. Also if you go DO NOT stop in Kissimmee Pines there accomodation its not pleasent.
I finished the training here in the UK and to be honest found the training much better. I had a great well experienced instructor here in Blackpool who I learnt loads off, im sure he wont mind me mentioning his name Robert Murgatroyd www.flybpl.com.

Cost wise doing it in America will probably cost less including costs to get there and living there, perhaps about £6000, Being messed about it cost me £8000 and I finished here in Blackpool. Just be wary.
I would strongly suggest doing your JAA PPL here then going to the USA. If I could turn back the clock id happily have given Robert £8k back in December. I Know I know though the weather is predictably bad in the UK for the aviation enthusiast restricted to VFR.......

by for now choose wisely rob