PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sanctions Urged against British Airways for leaving a 'Sultan' behind
Old 13th Aug 2008, 21:55
ExSp33db1rd

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Well done B.A. After leaving B.A. my next airline Traffic Despatcher once asked for a 15 mins. Tech Crew delay to accommodate Wife of Eastern Potentate (known as the Sultana of XXXXX ) still in Duty Free. I refused and suggested that he call it a Traffic delay, then he would have to explain to Mgmt. not me.

15 mins. later, same request, same answer, told him to get off and close door, he triumphantly reminded me that Sultana's bag was on board and so I couldn't depart, told him that Sultana not considered a security risk so get off and close door and I would take responsibility for not offloading bag as locally required . Unfortunately at that point black Mercedes appeared and parked under the nose wheel and so I lost another 10 mins as they pushed her upstairs ( no common boarding ramp for Madam ) 400 pax. delayed 30 mins by this prickess, I dearly wished I could have gone without her - I was near the end of my contract anyway !