PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sanctions Urged against British Airways for leaving a 'Sultan' behind
Old 13th Aug 2008, 21:34
Hussar 54

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been based here for almost three years now - feel sorry for me !!

Just wish I had had the chance to do something similar but can't afford to lose the business....

These so-called Sultans, Rulers, State Governors, Government Officials and Advisors, State Officials, City Management, etc, etc, etc are just about the lowest form of life imaginable - arrogant, useless, incompetent and almost without exception totally dishonest by European standards....Let's just say that the item in our Expenses Column with the second highest cost after fuel is ' Facilitation Fees '.....

Many stories / anecdotes, etc, but try Googling for the the report into Governor Daniel of Ogun State and his expenses, etc, etc.... And the State Governor whose name I have forgotten who a couple of years ago managed to legally claim $60k per diem when travelling on State business...

And still the World Bank provides cheap loans and debt write-offs to Nigeria which almost without exception end up in bank accounts in Switzerland and Liechenstein while those of us trying do business here are screwed left, right and centre...

I shouldn't imagine that BA will not worry for one second about an embargo / boycott / sanctions from these people or Nigerians in general - watch their passenger numbers skyrocket if non-Nigerians know that they won't have to share and suffer the aggravation of sharing a flight with 300+ of them....

Won't be long before the other foreign carriers engineer a similar boycott for themselves when they see the ex-pat traffic flocking to BA...

Sorry if all this sounds offensive or racist, but simply true....

Last edited by Hussar 54; 13th Aug 2008 at 21:38. Reason: Sorry - fignre trobule....