PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2008, 12:34
pacplyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally,

The truth is fleshed out. Thank you immensely VnV2178B. That was what I was hoping would emerge by posting so many inflammatory posts.

A true pillar of software honesty has emerged ladies and gentlemen. And I will not soon forget it.

Please, please,

The direction of my inquiry, dozy, and others, is not to implicate aerospace software vs. the pilot input as some kind of culprit. My intent only, is to increase aviation safety; as now I find myself in the back, with knowledge and experience in commanding both Boeing and Airbus products (and a rudimentary degree in Computer Science.)

That I hate automation and aviation software? Nothing could be further from the truth. Software flying is never going to go away and I know it. That is not what I am arguing for. The days of John Wayne are over and I know it (although those days were better for professional pilots.)

What is important now, is that we allow flight crews to stay proficient at John Wayne skills for the day that the software hit's an endless loop and gives up.

I really hope that you my friends in programing can discern the subtle difference that I am advocating. Obviously, I have failed to convey that intent.

Fraternally,

pacific plyer

(the above is all and only: just my opinions only.)

Last edited by pacplyer; 13th Aug 2008 at 13:34. Reason: the oh-so important spelling