PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - navagation headache
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2002, 19:11
NorthernSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

McD,. .. .No, I don't, but some people here tend to skim through a post and then launch in with all guns firing without understanding what is being said (as has been pointed out before).. .. .If your airline really does cover all of this, then well done!! However, I've never seen one which does, and believe it would be extremely difficult to write a syllabus which covered all the appropriate bits and pieces.. .. .I'm very glad you enjoy your airline's training.. .. .The danger in these difficult times is that some of that training might be cut when the accountants look at the balance sheet and compare it to your competitors. I hope this doesn't transpire.. .. .For my part, all simulator work should be 'training'. The test items will be covered in the natural course of things, provided they are done acceptably. I don't believe the simulator is an effective 'testing' tool, when used as such. This is why so many good pilots fail simulator 'assessments' when seeking employment, and so many poor ones get through.