PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - love norway want to work there!!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2008, 07:57
Icenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since it somewhat relates to the threadstarter's question about moving and working in Norway, I'll say that I do not share Norsk's view of Norway. I'm a young guy and wasn't around to know how Norway was during the 70's, but I can say this, there is no open or hidden racism amongst the major majority of Norwegians today.

Sure you'll allways find someone that blames foreigners for everything, no matter what, but you'll find that anywere on this planet.

Our integration politics isn't really keeping up with the large pressure of people that apply for asylum and there is some consern about how to manage the problem. In addition recent fights and other violence that have broken out in asylumfacilities have painted a rather dark picture of the refugees, but people do know the difference betwen asylum seekers and immigrants and I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to prosper professionally and socially in Norway as long as you abide by the country's laws and make an effort to integrate and that would ofcourse be alot easier if you learn the language