PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirservicesAustralia wants Overtime to be compulsory
Old 13th Aug 2008, 02:49
wesky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is all to very similar to the whole Train Crossing boom gate issue. The Gov' will only take appropriate action once a substantial accident has happened at a crossing - this has to happen atleast a couple of times before they consider putting in gates.

What I am getting at here is that I am guessing that AsA/Infrastructure is waiting for things to go really bad before they do anything to prevent such an event - milking it for what it's worth, one could say.

So, the question is - how long until something happens? We have ATC already working their butts off and now AsA are wanting to promote a policy that is none short of policies used by communist states!

Moving forward. Let us say we do what AsA 'heads' want us to do; work the usual + minimum 2 shifts extra without question. Going by current practice, the chance of NOT getting bugged at 4am in the morning, having a scheduled day off etc etc is slim Anyways, what I am getting at here is that I don't even know of a third world Country that employs 1 employee for 24hours a day - how the hell does AsA plan to achieve this?

What is the game plan? How can AsA cope without increasing headcount? Is there a way to do it with without slamming aircraft in to the ground or in to other aircraft for that matter? Quite clearly, AsA is NOT interested in increasing headcount so we need to help find another way around this mess.

& I know how...