PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 13th Aug 2008, 00:40
PPRuNeUser0215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbine1

Keep it in trim as a good answer and only you + Co can tell about the 5 nights away. If you can weigh up the pros and cons in a very fair manner (NJE is all about lifestyle) then you should be able to decide.
Works out top for me but then again I am not quite in the same situation as yours... Still I get so much out of it that I would not consider going to where I was before or where you are now.
NJE isn't perfect but here's what I really like.
Routes, Colleagues, Airline like SOPs (are improving and need more improvements but the will is there), money Vs what I would have to do to get the same to live in the same place, roster (Super stable) and 6 months at home every year, the aircraft I will get to fly, the seniority list in place, the gateway system, the freedom on tours, opportunities to get involved in other things than line flying, ....

What I don't like.
Flight Safety Training... No airline of a significant reputation would ever think it is of a high standard.
Lack of clear payscale progression. Some parts of the "Ops departments" and without going into details, it ain't all perfect and some aspect can be frustrating. Now do I believe the company is looking at it and do I believe things will get better ? Yep, I do. Just like things have changed since I have joined.
Pension ? Well, I am told it is now imminent unless the National authority meant to validate it keeps dragging its feet, therefore standing a chance to lose quite a lot.
Then some minor points, all line pilots (just like in any airlines), like to moan about when enjoying dinner in Rome, Alexandria, Le Bourget or wherever else I might be that night.

Do I think, there is something for you in NJE ? I do but you must be very clear about why you want to leave your present outfit. No BS, unrealistic expectations (upgrades weeks after Indoc don't happen anymore), clear goals you have set yoursleves (ie me, it was sea, sun and an enjoyable flying job).
Do I think it's the right time ? Well, we have now a seniority list so like in any airline, the earlier you get on it, the better.

Anyway, mate, I am back soon so for a few glasses of Bordeaux, I should be able to speak to you this week end.

PS: DLM is like AGP with previous employer... Got really bored with it but now that I have been there a few times and spent anything between, 2 hours to 2 days, I actually enjoy the destination.