PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Renegade' controllers leave pilots flying blind: air chief
Old 12th Aug 2008, 16:31
bekolblockage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was a time it was a great place to work. When I talk to former colleagues they all refer to working in ATC in the 70's as 'fun'. The fun seems to have gone out of it.
Which is why many of us left more than a decade ago.

I can't find the quote but someone earlier said that a large number of AsA staff were "poached" by overseas ANSPs.
That is simply not true. No organization, to my knowledge, actively pursued AsA staff - some of us simply saw the chance for a change and a broadening of our experience and had the intestinal fortitude to sign that resignation letter.
Whether or not I return to AsA one day, one thing is for certain - the experience I have gained is immeasurable compared to that sitting doing the same thing I was more than a decade ago.
To anyone contemplating doing the same - do it now. Life is too short to sit wondering what if.

P.S. If they ring you up and insist on you attending on your day off, feel free to use a well worn phrase from possibly the best Flow controller in history (yes, you RD) - "Go Fk your hat!"

Last edited by bekolblockage; 12th Aug 2008 at 16:42.