PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2008, 10:22
Zyox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by top jock
f they only have one student who has passed then the guys they have training you are no good. A student will only learn what they are taught. Sounds like they are cheap and for a reason. In the long run i would stay away from them and by the way if a company changes their name all the time it is a big deal. It is harder to start from the begining everytime so they are running away from something.
Must strongly disagree here. At the time, and I must stress at the time because from what I've seen things have changed a lot in the flight school recently , when I went through you could not fault Algonquin Flight Centre one bit. If you were willing to work hard and were committed to it they got you on the schedule as much as possible, were dead set on keeping planes up in the air, and so long as you respected the instructors they went above and beyond their job requirements at times to help you get through exams and flight tests.

I got on really well there and loved dealing with them. Others however didn't get on so good. Some fell out with instructors, some didn't like how things were run, and others were just simply not as committed and more into enjoying the Canada experience. Which is all fine! Each to their own of course But I like to think I worked hard and was determined to get back to Europe and convert as soon as possible and my efforts paid off thanks to help from the flight school and them being so accommodating.

So the insinuation here made against AFC that they are sub-par, cheap, and/or teaching poorly is highly inaccurate and just plain wrong from my first hand experience.

However lots of instructors that I knew have since left and there's been a reshuffle in management over the last year, so getting some perspective from current students would be a good idea if you are to consider AFC...