PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2008, 04:23
Hoofharted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However, you can surely see you are providing fuel for the perpetrators in defense of their actions to dismiss the accusations and even the "irrefutable facts" as colonial era racial prejudice?
If any person from any country were to arrive in my native homeland they would immediately be protected by racial vilification laws which would guarantee them protection against loss of employment on a racial basis. Does that occur here? This "colonial era" mindset is from centuries gone by and only appears to remain in the minds of some locals suffering from some kind of complex. It's funny how when working overseas people like the management at HKA scream "blue murder" if someone were to look at them sideways, but do not extend the same practice when at home.

777, it is you who misses the point entirely. As you have not been in the same situation as the HKA 14, you really can't comment in any way shape or form on the experience these guys have had. It's a cliche but "you don't know until you have walked a mile in someone else's shoes", if you had you might just begin to understand the anger and bitterness that these guys have endured. I've also noticed a distinct trend in your posts to "wag your finger" at one side and ignore remarks from the other. If you are going to be the guardian of moral virtue, you'd best take an impartial view lest you be thought of as a hypocrite. Here are a few for you;

Really damd stupid.HKA just do the wet lease,because the whites in HKE cant stay in the rooms because the inferioritycomplex.
J' cruiser, B777300ER, hailer.........what we have here are the dregs, the bottom of the cesspit buccaneer types. Their language, strategies and mentality ( as one can grasp from the drift of their posts ) betray cry baby type low lives.
Expats come here without bias or prejudice with a hopeful expectation of a good life and a secure future. They bring their wives and children to live and make Hong Kong their new home. It's only when they experience the behavior of people such as those at HKA that bitterness and resentment begin. What do you expect?

As for me, I actually love Hong Kong (wouldn't be here otherwise). I absolutely enjoy every single person that I have had the opportunity to work with and look forward very much to continuing enriching my life with these experiences well into the future. My vitriol is reserved for those at HKA and their defenders, and not as you would like to suggest every person from every nation. However, I will not "shut-up" and make no comment or refrain from stirring up a hornets nest in order to bring to peoples attention the absolute hypocrisy that lives in certain companies in Hong Kong. This my friend does not embarrass me at all.

Last edited by Hoofharted; 12th Aug 2008 at 14:25.