PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frankfurt Main in a Light Twin!?
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2002, 03:48
EricTheRed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Got there on schedule without any problems. ATC, as advertised here, had no difficulty in slotting me in with the faster traffic and I was treated professionally by the GA handlers. My documents were not requested at any point. Really enjoyed the three hour trip.. .. .Departure was a bit of a hassle - you need a slot before submitting a flightplan. Tried about eight phone numbers from my hotel room, the evening before leaving and none were answered! Then I discovered that the "slot people" only worked during office hours, which I thought a bit strange at an H24 major airport. Sorted that out the following morning without drama and left in the evening.. .. .Flying back Thurs PM was a bit hairy - EDDF wx was at my a/c's xwind limit - IMC all the way at FL80, except for a brief view of Brussels, hitting icing and turbulence over the channel. My scan benefitted from this trip! Approach to land was like falling down some stairs (onto something soft, of course!).. .. .Thoroughly enjoyed the trip, learned a lot about single crew ops and about how tough it can be on your own (with no auto systems) when things aren't quite going as you would like.. .. .There were no surprises regarding the handling fees (see my earlier post).. .. .Masses of respect to those who earn their crust doing these kind of trips. Wish someone would pay me to do it!!. .. .Thanks again and cheers,. .. .ETR