PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2008, 00:55
The inside scoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canadian Aviation Academy

You pay CAA the price offered for the course and YOU ARE RECIEVING ALOT MORE IN RETURN THAN JUST PILOT TRAINING
What exactly are you receiving a lot more of? You're not getting any extra flying hours, thats for sure. Please clarify this comment for me and the potential customers you're trying to rope in here and squeeze money out of. Maybe you get a space shuttle rating too?

How can you honestly sit there and tell people to cough up 76,000 euro for a course that costs 30,000 euro? Even if you have to pay your own food, accomodation and bus pass for the year that still only comes to approx 40,000 euro, and thats being generous. So why not use that extra 36,000 euros to pay for your instructor rating and accomodation once you get your commercial licence? Well?

You make a statment like one student has only graduated from the course !
Not a statement bud, an UNDENIABLE FACT. And I dare you to deny that.

THE PREVOUS STATMENT MADE BY USER : THE INSIDE SCOOP , THIS IS INFORMATION IF BASED ON PERSONAL EXPERIENCE IS NOT RELEVENT TO NEW COMERS AS THIS PERSON MADE PERSONAL MISTAKES WHICH RESULTED IN ACTIONS THAT DID NOT FAVOUR HIM / HER...
For you to say a former students opinion is not relevant says it all about you and the the cowboy outfit you're working for. You're trying to erase all the former students from history so that the true opinions won't come out.

And don't pretend you're giving an even, balanced opinion of this company to the public either, its quite obvious you're creating propanganda in favour of CAA/PRI.
Zyox had it right folks, watch out for planted students whos job it is to tell you all the good points and none of the many bad ones about this lot. And this isn't the first PRI/CAA brown noser to have done this either!

KeithTo seems to have a good head on his shoulders and he seems to be able to see past the massive overcharging thats going on here. Good for you bud, I'm not trying to tell you what to think of these guys, but just remember this-something must have happened for me to have this opinion. And the rest of the ex students will be on soon to give their two cents worth, and then the truth will come out.

I know I must have sounded like an angry begrudger in the last post but I am absolutely sick of Canadian Aviation Academy/PRI Academy overcharging young lads and then leaving them with huge bills to pay, and the sooner people find out what this company is really like the better.

Now as I've said before I've no problems with Algonquin Flight School and if people want to go there thats fine, just don't get taken in by CAA/PRI making a hard sales pitch, only to find yourself a year later trying to scrape even MORE money together to pay for your instructor rating, and trying to pay your food and accomodation.

Folks, that my opinion and the honest to god truth, and I'll answer any questions put to me. Good luck with whatever you choose, but choose carefully. Thats all I have to say.