PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2008, 22:53
hongkongfooey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could you really convince an impartial court that their actions were not governed by the need to cut costs and it was just unfortunate that all those affected were Caucasian?
Yes, as some of the pilots who were sacked had almost completed their training whilst others, that had not even started theirs, where kept. From memory only 1 of the 14 where of Asian descent and I think he was Canadian. So one would ask the court how sacking pilots that have had 10s of thousands of dollars already spent on them constitutes cost cutting ?

Could you really prove the allegations of "Parker Pen" hours in log books?
If you could get the guys that do the endorsement training to testify, yes. Things like inability to enter a flight plan in the FMC, failing ( miserably ) a TRE course, leaving holding patterns in controlled airspace without permission, inability to string an approach, countless unstable approaches ( recorded on DFDR ) would have to constitute lying about ones experience, I'm sure a good lawyer and a few witnesses could prove this easily. Of course in reality this will never happen

Yes - you were probably the victims not the original perpetrators of racism.
Well, you hit the nail on the head there

Mind you Hailer, I agree with most of your posts and retaliation really is pointless as nearly all of us now work for a proper airline, have doubled or trippled our income ( F/Os earning more than the GMO of HKA ), and no longer have to fly with pilots who consider unstable approaches ( amongst many other things ) as normal ops.
We will all have the final laugh when ( not if ) that pathetic excuse for an airline closes its doors, or has a major accident/incident, which ever occurs first.