PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seabourne Airlines
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2008, 16:44
SherpaDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To alibabaskid

my bro works for seaborne, made capt in 6 months. st. croix is expensive unless you compare it to L.A. $1000 / mo for a crappy apt. the natives are idiots, unmotivated, theiving. All in all, hes happy
Wow..it's good to know that one doesn't have to look too far to get "objective" commentary about aviation in St. Croix. Your racist commentary really shines through in your post. I don't know if the views you've expressed are those of your brother or you but it never ceases to amaze me how individuals who have so much contempt for their living conditions and surroundings do nothing to change their situation but criticize at any opportunity.

Your generalizations do nothing more than flaunt your ignorance. I fly in that region regularly and with the exception of the high cost of living there, nothing else you've said even remotely rings true. St. Croix, St. Thomas and St. John are part of the U.S. Virgin Islands and hundreds of thousands of tourists flock there from all over the world every year. It is an American territory with a very diverse and multi-cultural population. If you have so much contempt for the local population (not "natives") and aviation in that region then GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! St. Croix, like everywhere else in the world, has its positives and negatives but to paint the entire island with one broad brush...you come across as a bigot and a racist.

Seaborne is a well-established airline in the region and is the lifeline for connecting the three islands with their ability to takeoff and land in the ocean. There is a flight school near Lakeland, Florida where you can get a Single/Multiengine Seaplane endorsement on your license real fast. If you've got a beef with St. Croix, I'm sure you can bring your point across intelligently without flaunting your ingorant commentary for the rest of the world to read!