PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Knowing what you know now about this game, wud you have done it all in the 1st plce?
Old 11th Aug 2008, 14:57
Uncle Fred

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Follow the call - do it!

After having skiined through most of the posts on this thread, I can see optimism from some with a realism borne of experience from others.

There is almost nothing worse in life to have not at least tried to follow your star. If it does not work out, we live in a world where one can go back and start at something new. Indeed that is not always a comfortable position to be in financially, but why be ensconced in an office cubicle at the age of 40 wondering what it had been like to have flown and looked out over the horizon. Sure the career is nothing like it was (and even then for a very very few was it a real lifestyle)

For those who are interested, this was very much the theme of my short book and I have been told it has served as a mirror to many who have read it as I ask that very question - "Was it worth it?" I was lucky and had the chance to do what I wanted and that was to see the wider world, but the price as of late has been high as I watch the U.S. airline industry crumble and implode.

Of course I would like for you to read my thoughts in length, but I am a VERY firm supporter of the camp that says - follow your voice - if you want to fly do it!

Amazon.com: The Outer Whorl: Neal A. Schier: Books