PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AERAD Charts - What is happening
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2008, 09:35
OFP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Gents

Many thanks for your constructive comments although as usual some have tried to turn it into Aerad v Jeppesen debate.

Over the years i have had my fair share of Jeppesen and they owt no better. In fact i could say alot worse!

In all truth my Ops Support department helped me out and supplied me with the correct docs. They apparently had been sent the legend but it didn't find its way to me in time, so i hold my hand up.

I'm now enjoying updating my knowledge of the plates, just like all those years before.

I for one have phoned these guys at Walton on Thames and got the story first hand.

-yes they've had to change the specification due to policies, EU OPS but it isn't the real reason. Its called change to us oldies.
-yes i have been a fan of aerad over the many years and it's sad to see it go.
-economies of scale i think they call it.
-the charts will take a while to get used but i'm all for progress.
-the future sounds bright as long as they follow through with what they say and i have every hope for them. We need a serious competitor to Jeppesen who won't overcharge you sorry, enough said!

-at least there is a company who is willing to listen to you and these guys are looking to give us what we want. As someone said earlier ask a 1000 pilots a question, get 2000 replies. It couldn't be more close to the truth but at least we're being listened to.
- it will take me a while to comprehend the changes but at least i'm ahead of the game now and know what's going on.
- i'm sure Navtech/EAG will get it right but they're never going to please everyone but at least we can let them know be it through this forum or by good old fashion communication, telephone.

Thanks gents and happy hours.

P.S. Did anyone see those cheap Jeppesen Supplement books they brought out last year in pretty colours. Enough Said