PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bird in a flap
Thread: Bird in a flap
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2008, 09:26
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can just see it now, pooring rain, ldg config with 450 pax onboard at night upon ldg Capt suspects bird strike. To duplicate the scenario as per the regs one would have to get 450 pax (preferably the original ones to replicate exactly the scene) on board, hang it all out flaps LE devices gear dead bugs on the LE & windscreen all engines running as highish power, up on A/C jacks & then do it all in a hangar with the doors closed to similate night time & then turn on the fire hoses to awash the airframe. Yeah that ought to do it !
A friend of mine once told me many years ago that he noticed a crack in a door frame on a plane in the States whilst standing there awaiting his turn to get into the cabin. He mentioned it to the hosty & was told TY sir we shall look into it. He was close to the front of the offending door & noticed nobody that he could tell did much about it never lone advise him to let him know it had been checked. They took off & when they landed agaain on the way out he noticed the crack in the door upon alighting & again mentioned it, this time he noticed a few guys looking at it as he walked away & then a fast running man dissappear down some stairs. Hmmm maybe to let someone know that they had a real problem! Damn lucky I'd say! We collect birds all the time with airframes, just that sometimes we notice them, part of aviating sharing the same airspace with the ones that have the right to be there more than us

CW

CW