PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beech 1900 SIC
Thread: Beech 1900 SIC
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2008, 07:11
Propellerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes - your personal concern is rather your SIC question at the start. Due to the fact that even the SACAA and many other people are partially confused with it's own laws, this thread got slightly twisted.

If you actually read the blue books (you can get it on the internet) and the relevant POH's then you will get a better idea and the essence has already been reflected in this thread.

I have just gone through aquiring a 1900 type rating signed out with a copilot restriction on the forms (single pilot high performance aircraft, warbird form) - HOWEVER on my licence this restriction is not reflected - it says P1 without any restrictions.

To solve your problem, go write Matthew at the CAA an email - he will be able to answer your question on what your type rating is worth, in the end, apart from what everybody else has written here in the forum, they are the ones who will tell you what they want from you. From my experience, I guess he might offer you a skills test with one of his DE's in an aircraft.