PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2008, 03:15
777300ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoofharted,
I was just wondering if you have ever been summarily sacked because you are a Caucasian?
No I have not. That would be difficult as I am of Asian descent myself.
Have you ever been given 1 weeks notice and left to wonder how you are going to pay your mortgage/rent and feed your family because you are white?
Again, I'm not white. I know that the new breed of HKA management has been less than fair in their dealings with Pilots / Flt Ops staff. I am actually closer to the situation than you know.
This is reality at HKA whether it offends your sensibilities or not, this is fact! Your utopian garden of Eden does not exist.
My point was simple but apparently you missed it entirely. Posting racially oriented remarks on a public forum is not going to make anyone sympathize with your cause. If anything, it will have the opposite effect. Insulting every single pilot of Asian descent with a blanket statement is immature, pointless, and puts you in the same category as those you are against. If your goal is to sound like an uneducated bigot, keep up the good work.
So before you lecture the world with your pious tripe and adopt your pompous positions of the politically correct, you may just want to think about how you might feel if the same had happened to you.
So you want to make this personal do you? Don't make presumptions about me. I've been around the industry long enough to experience my own fair share of $hit over the years and I certainly don't have to explain myself to you.
What you "yellows" can't comprehend is that for us "whites" (and I am fiercely proud to be one) it is about maintaining a standard.
Do you think the same of your "non-white" colleauges at KA? You should save yourself further embarrassment and delete your post.