PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 402
Thread: Cessna 402
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2001, 06:53
Turbulent Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max Brakin, what 411A says is extremely pertinent,as it is something Compressor Stall and myself have witnessed first hand. I am in exactly the same boat as CS, having only flown the C model twice, but spent around 600 hours in the A and B models.

I have found them to be a pleasant aircraft to fly overall.The A and B models are a lot more restrictive than the C model, it is almost always a case of trading payload for fuel etc.They generally don't have any nasty surprises, with the exception of the fuel system on the A and B models. This is the same farcical system that the 310 has as well (ie use main tanks for 60 mins, then select aux tanks whilst holding tongue in position a). Seriously,ensure you are familiar with the fuel system before you set off,as it may bite.
Assymetric performance in the A and B if you are heavy is less than impressive(again tried and tested by myself ), and don't make the mistake of being low on the approach, heavy and with all the flap and gear out. The A and B's become very draggy with flap and gear out, and it leaves your options very limited. Try to make a committal height before you put all the flap out in case of a missed approach.

That's about all that springs to mind,Stallie seems to have covered most of the good stuff.Have fun, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

[ 20 July 2001: Message edited by: Turbulent Eddy ]