PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Business Issues ADSB (Now: Completely Off Topic Thread!)
Old 11th Aug 2008, 02:12
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know, I may be a little slow, but reading the other thread....

1. The airlines ARE going to pay the nav charges, whether they be the current rate, a future rate with the possibility of a reduction due to cost reductions by the ANSP, or whatever the hell the ANSP tells them they are going to pay (being a defacto tax, after all- oops, wasn't anyone supposed to say that?)
2. If the govt can organise rebates for farmers, lpg conversions for cars, solar panels etc etc, I'm pretty sure the legal instruments exists for them to rebate avionics fitouts. But what would I know? The bush lawyers here seem to pretend they have a handle on what can or cannot be done. It seems the paying out of monies via Bills is an alien concept, despite the daily doing of such things.
3. The day AsA is a BUSINESS, we will see Dick competing for it. And a LOT of redundant "managers".
4. T28 etc. Im glad to see that the "I'm alright Jack" gene is alive and preserved in people such as yourself. Regardless of whatever benefit ADS-B might convey to the aviation community, you are "alright Jack".