PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2008, 00:56
The inside scoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contact the flight schools directly!!!!

WANT TO SAVE YOURSELF 46,000 EUROS? KEEP READING HERE THEN!!!!

So these guys are now calling themselves the Canadian Aviation Academy.
-Last year they were operating as Pilot Recruitment International.
-The year before that they were called Pilot Recruitment Ireland.
Now why would a company keep changing its name like that? What are they trying to hide? I'll tell you!

The truth is this company was set up in 2005. To date they've had ONE pilot finish their course!!! ONE PILOT IN 3 YEARS!!!
THEY CLAIM ON THEIR WEBSITE THEY'VE HAD HUNDREDS OF STUDENTS-WRONG!! They've had approximately 20 students from Ireland, the rest were former students of the flight school directly, NOT PRI/CAA!! Don't be fooled!

These guys are taking a HUGE cut to place you in a flight school, they're actually making more of a profit than the course cost!! Don't believe me? Check here and convert to euros!!
http://www.algonquinflightcentre.com...20estimate.pdf
And remember, that price is in Canadian dollars, not Euros!! Unbelievable!!

THE TRUTH IS TO DATE PRI/CAA HAVE NEVER SECURED WORK FOR ANY OF THEIR STUDENTS!! EVER!

They tell you they can get you a job as an instructor at Algonquin Flight Centre. The truth is most students, not all, but most are offered the chance to become flight instructors by the school. PRI/CAA are taking a huge chunk to get you work as an instructor that you would probably end up with anyway. Why pay all the extra money??

AND DON"T BE FOOLED BY CERTAIN PRI/CAA PEOPLE COMING ON THIS FORUM TELLING YOU HOW GREAT IT IS!! FUNNY HOW THEY DON'T MENTION ALL THE FORMER DISGRUNTLED STUDENTS WHO HATE THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Also, if you do go instructing, you have to pay for that yourself, which they don't really mention! AND you'll have to pay for your own food and accomodation after your 1 year contract ends!

So if you still insist on becoming a pilot, contact the flight schools directly! I must add theres no problems with the flight schools themselves, its just these guys taking a huge cut and not really doing much extra for you.

So if you still insist on going with these guys, DON'T SIGN A CONTRACT UNTIL YOU'VE SHOWN IT TO A LAWYER!!! Examine the small print where it says they can't garantee you work. Thats not there by accident!!!

AND FOR GOD SAKE IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO'S THINKING OF GOING WITH THEM SHOW THEM THIS, IT COULD SAVE YOUR FRIEND FROM FORKING OUT TENS OF THOUSANDS!!!!!!

Try searching for pri academy/pilot recruitment international on pprune.com to see what others think of these guy!!

Now thats the information this company has been trying to hide!
And believe me theres a lot more I can't go into for legal reason.
You have been warned!!