PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Sydney Base Recruiting Soon
Old 10th Aug 2008, 22:24
I Just Want To Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, well I am a bit confused. I am now Sydney base for VS.

I have never heard about this 66% thing. Wow that's really interesting. So does that mean that we cannot sell any more than 66% of it's seats out of SYD? regardless of the final destination? Yes the loads are very low, only half full yesterday and today, but I have done many flights where the flight has been full in all classes? How does it work?

Spoke to someone last month, and they are apparently still looking at recruiting in SYD, but at this stage still only for internal applicants with right to live and work in Oz. Everything is all up in the air, because it all depends on V-Australia.

No one knows what is happening with the base, because 20 of us are hoping to go to V-Australia, 15 of us are on temp visas, which expire in December, and the other few may have to go back to LHR if they want to stay with VS.

For any aussies with VS in LHR, consider the folowing:

Money is crap, flights are easy, HKG gets very boring after you've been there more than 40 times, SYD crew are awesome, did I mention money is CRAP!!!

Great way to get homw, and keep flying whilst looking for a better job! But that's it!