PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 10th Aug 2008, 21:58
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biggus this is what Ainsworth said on 1st July 08;

The MOD, having carefully considered all those issues, has declared that all reasonably practicable measures have been taken to reduce to ALARP the risk to the Nimrod aircraft. It is the view of all those involved in the equipment safety and environmental working group, which includes QinetiQ, BAE Systems, the RAF and the IPT, that the Nimrod is tolerably safe and ALARP, and is therefore safe to fly. No member of the group demurs from that view.

I am in process of contacting QQ and BAe to check out their demurring position. MoD are publically trying to close the book on airworthiness issues surrounding Nimrod, at the same time, tearing a "serviceable" frame apart and carrying out AW work, which will continue until at least next June. I am told that Nimrod is the number one concern at the top of the Air Force, I am really not surprised. Perhaps time for a PQ, if anyone has genuine info about the duct work I will see that the deed is done just send me a PM.

Regards,

Nige

BTW I understand the rectification cost is £52m! And sadly, that is not new money, so another project must have been robbed.

Last edited by nigegilb; 10th Aug 2008 at 22:21.