PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DAT in trouble?
Thread: DAT in trouble?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2002, 02:40
sabenapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

FL310,
I'd suppose you know it is GENERAL PRACTICE for any airline to give their long haul pilots longer rest periods this has nothing to do with Sabana....
Besides, if you only fly 10 to 14 hour flights like I do, you quickly reach your monthly threshold, be it 70hrs (like at SN), 65 (like I have now at Air lib) or even 80 hrs...

What exactly do you blaim my ex-colleagues at DAT for, FL310? For feeling ripped off and abused by their own managers (which always go on television telling how good the relation between them and their employees is, yet do everything unilaterally and without any notice)?
Just think about it for a second; I still remember well how the management presented DAT's work/pay conditions as an example for the rest of us at Sabena/Sobelair, and how they assured all those DAT-guys had nothing to go on strike for as possible changes to the work/pay conditions would certainly not harm their income, yet the first thing that happens after the bankruptcy of Sabena is a considerable salary cut at DAT!
How much more betrayed can you possibly be?
So how much more goodwill can you expect now?
And what a strategic blunder from the management BTW, because they have managed to get virtually all DAT pilots (which were not particularly BeCA loyal before) angry, whereas they could most certainly have saved the same ammount of money through vuluntary negociations and participations with and by the DAT workforce (which was renown for its loyalty and will to help succeed the company...)!

I'd say get the company up and flying and then renegociate the labour agreement by all means!