PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 Crew get BA safety Medal
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2008, 20:57
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have refrained from entering what is a pointless debate about the actions of the crew when we all have the benefit of hindsight and the luxury of unlimited time to make calculations and explore ideas. However, Rainboe you are talking a great deal of rubbish about inertia and pitch/power couplings in your understandable desire to scupper sispanysis ria's irritating postings.

With the luxury of several attempts and knowing the scenario I have seen it proven in the simulator that it would have been possible to have reached the threshold of the runway under control. It took some interesting actions and the visual picture looked awful. I doubt any of us would have been able to achieve that outcome unrehearsed and with no prior knowledge of what was about to occur.

As a BA pilot I am grateful that whatever they did the result was no loss of life, almost no injury and just some injured pride having lost a hull.

Second guessing the crew and criticising their actions from the comfort of our armchairs is as pointless as it is distasteful.