PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2008, 17:40
winto22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel CAA

Hey ,

Im currently a student doing the airplane / fixed wing course with CAA ( canadian aviation academy) ,

They are located in North Bay , Ontario Canada ,

Ive been here since Jan 08 and my training is going really well , im currently working on my commercial , then onto multi and multi ifr, Then onto my Flight Instructor Rating , which ive been offered a job already by the school for when i complete my course

The they have c152 , c172 single engine aircraft and a multi engine aircraft ,
Honestly its a good setup here , The town is decent to live in and its very affordable place to live compared to ireland ,

The flight training programme is based on the Canadian Forces Pilot training Programme developed by Ron MacDonald ,

The Course is very straight forward but requires a good level of determination to complete ,

CAA will take care of really well regarding food , accomadation , transportation, etc,

Personally im glad i made the decision the come here and train and i know i will achieve my goal of making it to the airlines very soon,

Also all your ground school studies and equipment is included in the cost aswell which makes life alot easier for you ,

The great advantage of training here is that you will get to experience summer aswell as winter flying which is alot of fun ,

Along with the other students who you will in the course with you there are fun outing together eg, paintballing , skydiving , trip to niagra falls , and so on ,

The head of the flight school Stefan is a CRJ pilot for Air Jazz / Air Canada aswell he is very much of an advantage to you if you plans are to aim for the airlines , Stefan is a great person to talk to regarding advise in the airline industry ,

I hope some of this info has helped you if you would like to know anymore specifics feel free to respond and ill give you an honest opinion / answer,

Talk to u soon ,
chris