PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 Crew get BA safety Medal
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2008, 17:12
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see many people making well done comments, may I ask what was well done ? I insist, I'm not blaming the crew for anything, I would just like to understand if they are just an unfortunate crew or if they really acted as heroes... I suppose those who congratulate them should have ways to elaborate on this.
And extremely very well done too. Rather than have to justify that, you should try and justify your carping comments that are becoming very tiring. No one doubts you are so clever and know so much better than big jet pilots who have multiple thousand hours time more than you. But have you considered in a BIG jet like a 777 recognising slowly the situation that at 700' that your engines are not responding to thrust demands? And you think you know the answer is to put the nose down, in a giant aeroplane, at minimum speed, and hope you still have the control authority (and perfect judgement) to pull out of this daft dive you have put 150 people into? This is not a Cessna! And you are not the expert you think you are! They couldn't have made it any nearer the runway. So why don't you just leave it alone? We all know you think you know better. You know bugger-all about big aeroplanes and don't understand inertia of this size of aeroplane. Your experience is in bizjets as the largest you know right? You might get away with that in a little jet from 700', not in a 777! You would be still being scraped off the underrun of 27R if you'd tried your little trick!