PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2008, 16:32
Bootneck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FED, most of my 'bile' was directed at the underdog with my tongue firmly wedged in my cheek. I'm delighted that the good old system of fair play and support for the above mentioned member still exists. My memories of fearless chaps, devoted to the cause, willing to hurl themselves at anything that is sent their way extends way back, but somehow didn't include Cranwell's finest, having greater faith in a junglie getting me where I expected to be dropped off, rather than 'Hoskins' depositing me and mine across a border.

The last sentence in your paragraph had me chuckling again. Be honest. If you were warmly and firmly ensconced at Chivenor, wouldn't you perhaps raise just one eyebrow if the drafting nerd forwarded an offer of a posting to Afghanistan. In theory no. In practice I reckon a few teddy bears would meet Mr Steiff's repair team.

A quick response to Crab.
The military was always covered by civilian law including these days employment law, the CAA will allow pilots to fly and work longer days than I ever had to in service with the exception of NI, and H&S can work to your advantage, safety, no accidents either with aircraft or ground operations.

we would just spread ourselves even more thinly on the ground without recourse to EU employment law, CAA maximum flying hours or the H&SE to defend ourselves with.

I don’t know Crabb but he has taken an unreasonable amount of stick over something that he has no control over. He is a member of a group of services that are responsible for the defence of the United Kingdom and the teeth behind the British Government’s foreign policy. As such he will, and will expect to be, sent to any part of the world where his services are required, AND HE WILL DO SO WITHOUT HESITATION.

Crab, are you going to accept 267.4's very kind offer? Post number 246.

your inside lane seems to be ahead of the rest of us on the SARH situation,maybe you would like to enlighten the readership on your source of information.
On the S92 SAR variant you have no idea of the aircrafts capability and more to the point seem to want to remain ignorant despte fellow SAR crews invitation to enlighten you by a welcome visit to an operational base.
We up north will even fund your visit,the glove is down.

Followed by.

267.4 I am not at liberty to reveal my sources, I sometimes receive information from various people that I cannot repeat and only allude to on this forum but trust me when I say that I don't make it up. Send me the tickets and I'll be there

Flights to Glasgow and Edinburgh depart from Exeter.

Last edited by Bootneck; 10th Aug 2008 at 17:09.