PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA flight training California
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2008, 16:00
Xorthis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For everyone asking about flight schools approved by the CAA to provide JAA-PPL(A) in southern California there is only one currently. It's called Anglo-American Aviation and they operate out of Gillespie Field in El Cajon, San Diego. A quick google search will yeild their info. I have obtained this information from the CAA http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/Approve...20Doc%2031.pdf, so if there's any other FTO in the US which claims to offer CAA Approved JAA instruction don't even consider them as you may not end up with hours you can use for certification.

I'm currently enrolled to start at AAA in about three weeks to complete my JAA-PPL+Night rating and get some hours if time allows. (England = too expensive and so far for me over 70% of my lessons have been cancelled due to weather). I'll no doubt be on here at some point during my training to post opinions on the school. So far they've been helpful and friendly and it's ran by expats which I'm sure can be an advantage

Also if anyone would like some info on the Visa or TSA process and they can't find it on here, drop me a PM and I'll try to help. The Visa and TSA cost me about £350+a trip to London, that's almost 4 hours flying in the US! .