PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 Crew get BA safety Medal
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2008, 15:49
overstress

PPRuNe Person

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rmiller: as far as I'm aware, you can't go anywhere to hear that, I don't think the AAIB play tapes to visitors.

syspanys ria:
I find quite inappropriate to make a "show" (with clapping public) out of a crew 24 H after a major crash, especially to find out that after over 7 months no information is available on how the crew detected and handled this failure
It doesn't really matter what you think, BTW that wasn't the 'clapping public' it was 'clapping BA staff' at the company HQ. If an airline decides to award a medal to someone, they won't go through a consultation process on PPRuNe to find out what the wannabes and ill-informed think. (Not saying you're either of those)

All of us want to know what happened to BA038. We will just have to wait until the AAIB publish its findings.

I'm not sure where you are going with the dead-stick approach analogy but from the viewpoint of a 'heavy' pilot, maximum use of the automatics is the way to go. No-one trains for double engine loss of thrust at 600' for what should be, to you, obvious reasons.

I would suggest 'wait and see' is the appropriate strategy.