PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - J-1 Visa schools
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2008, 15:30
GOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really appreciate your views, keep them coming!

Right now, and always since I started my training for CPL, I could see myself in the left seat instructing and think I would be pretty good at it.

The optimal would be to get a job in Europe after completing my CPL and then work and get paid to build up my hours and then apply for the FI course, off course. Looking at todays market for pilots I have to have some kind of backup plan, because I don't count on getting a job directly after my CPL.

I'm I totally nuts going to the U.S to build up my hours? It will cost, but probably less than IR and/or another typerating...

If I should do the FI course in the UK I would need to convert my license into a english one. That will take about 3 months to get it done, I have been told.

First of all I thought that maybe if I applied for a J-1 visa school I could take their CFI course and hope for work, and when I get back to Europe I could convert it, but would that be too much hassle? Second of all, if that wouldn't work I could just go there to build my hours up and that's were I am right now, but if the price will land at $300 I better be doing it back home as it would probably end up around the same cost in the end anyway. In Sweden I can get a R22 for $370.

More thoughts? =)