PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Renegade' controllers leave pilots flying blind: air chief
Old 10th Aug 2008, 15:00
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J.

I agree that if being a manager will get you a pay reduction, then there are not going to be a lot of people interested. But where has paying managers more got the organisation? I really can't see the justification in having SO MANY people, not holding ratings, and getting paid SO MUCH. If AsA is truly a business, where does it get off paying people who are effectively doing the job of a call-centre team leader, getting paid close to 200k? It is my understanding that people who are not ATCs are now ALMs, so having a license isn't important. What justifies the salary? The organisation is screaming out for controllers- closing airpsace etc in INTERNATIONALLY EMBARRASSING FASHION, so there has to be something seriously wrong when they haven't got every man, woman and child capable of holding a rating, doing so.

But everyone who works there knows that. What will it take for the board or the minister to act? Instead, AsA pretends to enter EBA negotiations by telling the controllers what AsA wants to remove in the way of T&C? Unf***ing believable! Maybe some managers could go on a fact-finding trip around the world to see how actual businesses attract and retain talent? This stuff is brain-surgery, for sure.

The REALLY, REALLY sad thing is it could be a great place to work.