PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - private to charter
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2008, 11:05
jetopa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The question is: what am I (as the owner) prepared to accept in return for a fistful of $$$ when giving my airplane to total strangers?

Optimum scenario: having a trustworthy and efficient broker, management company or operator who assures perfect utilization of my assets without compromising my own transportation needs, having some extra return on my investment and lowering the hourly costs. Crews might also appreciate some extra flights to attractive destinations and a Gulfstream is always popular on the charter market.

Worst scenario: my airplane isn't available when I need it, some nouveau riche customers beat up my interior, empty my favourite Grand Cru Classée, trash my beloved Christofle plates or leave holes in my furniture with their cigarettes, things break down more likely, crews are pissed off because they have to work more (for the same money, that is) for passengers with little or no etiquette, extra training for the crews required ('dangerous goods'), definitely more paperwork, more money to the management company and maybe even more people to be hired (= maybe more problems).

Bottom line: whenever I can afford it, always keep my airplane to myself or my family, friends etc. When my boss approached me with such funny ideas, I might start to get worried...