PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2008, 09:31
Fareastdriver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Having a jape at your expense.

This thread as degenerated in to a mocking, slanging match over a little thing that the RAF may require to borrow SAR pilots to meet its commitments in the Near East. Most of the bile has been directed at one person and the standard of the comments are infantile.
I don’t know Crabb but he has taken an unreasonable amount of stick over something that he has no control over. He is a member of a group of services that are responsible for the defence of the United Kingdom and the teeth behind the British Government’s foreign policy. As such he will, and will expect to be, sent to any part of the world where his services are required, AND HE WILL DO SO WITHOUT HESITATION.

Crab arrives at Camp Bastion and is directed to his Yurt.
Even if he has to go to Mongolia.

I did it when I was in the services. Now, as a civilian pilot, I can tell them to get knotted.

Take another hypothetical scenario.

CHC have been awarded a sudden contract in the Sudan for four S92s. The contractual requirement is that the captains must have a minimum of 500 hours on type. To meet this requirement CHC is going to have to pull twelve captains off their SAR contract and replace them with newly recruited direct entry captains. You would hear the wailing all around the coast of the UK.

I wonder what their reaction would be if they received the same stick as they give Crabb.