PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2008, 09:11
Bristol_Traveller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KLM Canx

I gave up on KL when I got with three cancellations in a row. When trying to do a day's work in Europe, it's no good if the 06:15 goes tech; by the time you get onto the midday flight, it's too late. I'd be furious if I lost a day in Asia or the States because of that.

I'm noticing more people with Flying Blue tags on the Lufthansa flights, but it takes a while for frequent fliers to change allegiances (although those wishing to might note that bmi has a generous status match policy for fliers from other alliances, and of course LH and BD are both *A airlines). And CO is heading for *A next year.

I wonder if KL are CANXing Bristol flights for reasons other than technical (or not directly related to the aircraft on the AMS-BRS route). If midday loads are low, maybe it's just cheaper to CANX and rebook people?

As for missing bags - I've lost count of the number of people who's bags haven't made it through AMS. But then, when you do the bus transfer from the apron to the terminal behind some of the luggage carts, you can see why bags disappear. Crazy driving.