PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One trial flight and I am hooked!
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2008, 08:46
WylieCoyote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GS Alpha,

If you fly consistantly you'll be closer to the minimum hours, I only came across a few students who came anywhere near that, a couple had fixed wing backgrounds which helped with the ground school and RT which hold up alot of people but generally they worked hard on the ground as well as in the air and had, I guess a natural appittude.
All sorts of things can crop up that could slow your training down, the weather been the main one! Work/family commitments, aircraft going tech all sorts. If you can set aside a couple of days a week for flying, which I felt worked best, you'l progress faster. If you don't get of the ground on one of the days then get some extra study in which will help you out no end in the long run.
Saying that the majority of people do need more like 60 to 70 hours, helis have more exercises to complete and lets face it to the beginner are harder to fly than planks!

I don't know Whizzard but I'm sure their decent guys and won't take the p*%s, they'll put you up for the test when your ready.

Good luck!