PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SABA Proposal
Thread: SABA Proposal
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2008, 06:52
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm anti-Wart On because of their attitude; I wouldn't apply for a job with them if it was the last on the planet...

They had to 'steal' the Hawk to stay afloat, and the Tornado was a lemon for ground attack from day 1 -' excuse me while I fly directly down your runway' by WW2 standards, while the F2 & F3 where embarrassed by airliners overtaking them, not to mention the Blue Circle radar...

The main problem was the prevailing attitude, though by the law of averages there must be some decent people there, it's just that they don't shout the loudest - and having to go back to the WW2 specified Canberra doesn't exactly help your case.

BTW I saw some of the Warton VSTOL / USTOL proposals, such as vectoring entire engines on wingtips, and thought it must have been an April 1st job !

So, no I haven't applied for a job there, but did fly in ( as a passenger, I'm a technical photographer ) a few times when coming back south from test ranges - where BTW JP233 was a standing joke as it barely scuffed the target runway - and we were met with nothing but rude arrogant know-nothings, from gate guards to crew-chiefs.

Maybe I was unlucky, but it was the same every time on the 'phone to the land of Whippet-botherers...

Now can we get back to SABA please ?