PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2008, 00:30
paddyfactor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst not agreeing with Walters theory, it is true that elements of the security services did capitalise on this crash. My fathers entire department was subsumed by a group of ex public school boys with questionable motives something he had fought tooth and nail while alive. Capitalising and organising however are two different things.

There may be an element to Walters posting that does have some relevance and that concerns airworthiness issues in retro fitting items to MOD aircraft. It is this avenue that is worth exploring particularly in light of other airworthiness issues circulating at the moment. It is also due to these issues that Brian might be waiting for rather a long time for any info from the part timer in Westminster. The MOD is running scared from airworthiness criticism and to review the Chinook at this particular time will only highten other deficiencies in the MODs cavalier attitude to airworthiness.

Also I would say to Walter that of all those on that helicopter my father was probably the biggest advocate of aggressive action. Despite this he was fully cogniscent of what was happening in the halls of NIO and had long ago resigned himself to the lack of political will in dealing with terrorists on our own soil. He was a civil servant like all the rest and not an agitator. As a servant he was not in a position to block any peace process and nor would he have wanted to. Also despite his energy and drive even he was tired of looking under his car every morning. There is no motive here, no requirement for convenient accidents. Truth is my father didnt even want to go to the conference and the thing he was most looking forward to was the fishing.

Something went badly wrong that day and we'll never know what it was. Lets just hope some one develops a conscience and finally does the right thing.

On a good note though I bought a new fishing rod the other day and as soon as the weather improves my son and I are going to try it out.

Good luck Brian and thanks again for all your hard work.