PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - African Operators
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2008, 23:14
FlyingWrench

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
African Operators

Is it normal or accepted for operators not to adhere to required inspections such as phases and routines and flying aircraft out of MEL? The inspections being done past due time and sometimes pencil whipped? MEL items that are flown past their relief dates or swapping operating equipment back and forth over and over again between different aircraft? Wow! it was working yesterday and now i need to MEL it and wow the other aircraft's system is suddenly operative. What does all this mean to me as a pilot? Is it normal? Should i accept to fly aircraft this way? Am I risking my hard earned licenses and for what? Am I way out of line thinking this is bullshtt? Sure I am a relatively low time pilot trying to get my hours but is it worth it? I mention african operators in my title because i am from the US and i dont think from my experience this happens as much there. I feel that they ignore the rules and high expectations of aviation to make a quick buck and not have to worry about any consequences because there is no oversight from the authorites or the CAA. I woud never accept an aircraft that i feel would be unsafe but am talking about an aircraft that is LEGAL. I really struggle with this as I am a FO and my captains have lost their way and will take it as it is, and try to make me feel as if i know nothing if i have concerns! Am i going over the top and not fullfilling my duties as a copilot if i refuse to fly and an aircraft it is not legal?