PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turning 19, Sponsorship or university?
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2008, 21:28
don't_ask_me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree completely with the very first post.

Defer your entry for a year, find the best job you can in the aviation industry and get a good feel of what it is about. You seem to like the airport environment. Talk to whoever you can - and try network. Maybe get yourself a PPL.

...BUT...

Talk to your friends who have gone to university. See if it is as good as all the marketing and hard sell they have shoved down your throat in the last 2 years.

...THEN...

Next year, you can choose whether to go to university or carry on working.

...HOWEVER...

Sponsorship or University is not a good comparison. It's very doubtful that you could just cancel your university places, sit at home, apply for a few sponsorships and get in (for obvious reasons.) You're either going to be working until the current downturn is over and sponsorships pick up, or until you are in a position to pay your way down the modular route.

Both options seem good. What do you want to do? There are some experienced people on here and some who are not (me.) Don't make big decisions on what you read here; no-one here can answer the random and obvious question inserted into this paragraph.

Hope you get the results you want

(You can always just flip a coin )

don't_ask