PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2008, 18:32
CheekyVisual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CWL can fill a Florida charter on a weekly basis there is no doubt about that. It could also probably support a couple of other long haul charter routes. The problem as I understand it is now the additional costs involved in operating non based aircraft on occasional routes away from home bases is hitting profit hard. Remember to fill these aircraft the fares have to be competitive so although they can fill them with the extra costs involved turning a profit on them is becoming more difficult and the charters are all struggling in the current climate. As I've said before I think CWL is unfortunately more prone to the pain of a down turn than some other nearby airports.

As for the DEDICATED / NOT DEDICATED rubbish I can assure you the only thing airlines are dedicted to is their own survival. No one has any particular love for any one airport over another. It's a simple business decision. That hugely dedicated company that is Fly Be ignored CWL for 20 years. That's how dedicated they are ! Five years ago Baby would have been DEDICATED, Ten years ago BRAL would have been the boys. What about Cambrian Airways they must not be dedicated since they halted their Viscount operation. PLEASE !!!!