PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Etihad Package...
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2008, 16:03
fractional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cannot figure out in Google where this buildings are. Could anyone show it please? I was in AUH few weeks ago, but obviously I wasn't looking for MBZC.
I believe the area will change its present looks within 5 to 10 years as it happened in Dubai, Sharjah, Doha, Manama, Muscat where the waste land was replaced by nice residencial areas. Unles you buy your own apartment/house, do not expect anything of high standards.
Read this stuff published in AMEInfo last March. I do not know where Z6/1, ME8, ME9, Z9, and Z29 sectors of Mohammed Bin Zayed City are, and this is why it would be nice to know it in Google from someone familiar with it.
The Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council, the agency responsible for the Urban Planning of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi , and the expert authority behind the visionary Plan Abu Dhabi 2030 Urban Structure Framework Plan, announced an enhancement of the design regulations covering commercial towers in Mohammed Bin Zayed City (MBZ City).
The enhancement, which increases the flexibility of the design guidelines within the MBZ development, affects the tower developments in the Z6/1, ME8, ME9, Z9, and Z29 sectors of Mohammed Bin Zayed City, located on the outskirts of Abu Dhabi Island.
H.E. Falah Al Ahbabi, General Manager of the Urban Planning Council stated that the revisions to the design guidelines will allow a more beneficial mix of apartments, without sacrificing the quality of living and provision of services intended and reflected in the master-plans.
According to the approved master-plans, every tower to be built in MBZ City has a defined maximum allowed built-up area. The design regulations will now outline the maximum allowable number of units per building type to plot owners. With these two parameters, plot owners can decide on the apartment mix to be used.
H.E. Falah Al Ahbabi, General Manager of the Urban Planning Council, said 'We reviewed objectively the need for changes in the interpretation of the design guidelines, aiming to ensure that plot owners could maximize their investment as well as respond to market demands. The decision to implement this policy is also a safeguard to ensure unbiased treatment for every plot owner.
'All other regulations will remain as issued and as per the approved master-plans. This new regulations, in combination with the design guidelines already published, will ensure that targeted quality of living as well as the envisioned spirit of the development are maintained.'
Al Ahbabi further stated that the ideal mix across the development would likely be, by area, 25 per cent one-bedroom apartments, 60 per cent two-bedroom apartments, 10 per cent three-bedroom apartments and 5 per cent four-bedroom apartments. However, he said the final choice of apartment mix would be made by plot owners, as long as these remained within the maximum number of units and built-up area.